Diamond Investment Makes A Great Gift
The holiday gift buying season is just around the corner, and people are already beginning to plan for it. According to Gallup, the average person will spend around $830 on gifts, with 30% of shoppers spending over $1,000 on them. Yet many of those gifts are products that will be set aside, go unused, and will lose value the moment the person opens them. For those looking for something with more of a lasting value, they may want to consider giving diamond investments as gifts this year.
“Diamonds have an over 3,000-year history of value growth, and everyone loves them,” explains Sean Cohen, president of Van Zwam, the developer of Defined Value Diamonds (DVDs). “They make great gifts for just about everyone. Whether it’s for children, grandchildren, family or friends, even employees, diamonds are a gift of everlasting emotional and financial value, and they can be put into jewelry and enjoyed anytime.”
In addition to grandchildren, children, family members, and friends, diamond investment gifts make for an ideal corporate gift, with executives giving them to star performers. The latest electronic gadgets will become obsolete within months of their purchase, making diamond investments shine that much brighter. There are many good reasons to consider diamond investment gifts this holiday, including these 5 reasons:
- What it teaches. Giving a diamond gift teaches the person about investing and saving. It helps to establish healthy investing and saving habits. When you give a diamond gift, you are laying the foundation that will help them create wealth. They will learn about it and can use that as springboard to do even more.
- Helps gives them security. Tangible investments provide people with security, so when you give someone diamonds you are giving them a way to have future financial security. It’s helpful to most people to have a tangible asset source that appreciates so if the need arises they can tap into it. Diamonds create a secure investment and an off-the-grid financial fund for the person.
- It’s an heirloom. At some point, everyone likes to be able to pass down valuables to their loved ones. Diamonds make great heirlooms. No matter what age the person is when receiving them, they will continue to gain value over the years and can be given away as a gift or passed down as an heirloom. Diamonds have an everlasting emotional quality that can be enjoyed for years to come.
- Everyone loves tangible assets. Being able to have something not dependant on banks and financial institutions you can put your hands on anytime is always appreciated. That’s why diamonds are appreciated so much more than paper or virtual forms. People know and understand diamonds, and they love that they can hold their diamonds, which are a tangible asset, literally in the palm of their hand. Diamonds have a long lasting growing financial value.
- It keeps on giving. This holiday, you can give a gift once and leave it at that, or you can give a gift that keeps on giving. Diamonds, because their value will continue to grow and earn the person a return, are a gift that will keep on giving long after the holiday season has come to a close. You are giving them something different that will stand out, bring security, and gives them wealth they can hold in the palm of their hand.
“Let’s be honest about gift buying. Many times, the gifts we buy are not used, or are not something that the person needed,” added Cohen. “You can’t go wrong with a diamond gift because it’s literally something everyone could want, and everyone can use at some point. It’s the gift that is perfect for just about anyone on your list.”
The Defined Value Diamonds (DVD) program makes it possible for most people to afford to invest in diamonds, offering individual diamond discs that range from $1,500 to $150.000. Each DVD disc holds high quality investment-grade diamonds that have been housed in an elegant, lightweight stainless steel and glass display disc much like a large coin or watch face. Each DVD diamond is GIA-certified, always triple excellent cut grade and comes with a GIA grading report identifying its key value characteristics as well as a Gemprint ID, the unique fingerprint for that diamond.
All DVD diamonds are ethically sourced, fully vetted and inspected to meet higher grading tolerance standards than the basic GIA parameters. The DVD diamonds have each been hand-selected to ensure they are of the characteristics and type in most global demand, thereby providing for stability, quality, and value growth. The prices for the diamonds in each DVD are the same as the global polished trade price (PTP), the same price top-end retailers pay for their inventory, which is up to 60 percent less than the price that would be paid for the same diamonds set in jewelry.
About Van Zwam
As a wholly-owned subsidiary of Rand Diamond, Van Zwam developed Defined Value Diamonds to offer a secure tangible asset investment opportunity, enabling people to easily and comfortably invest in diamonds. Investors select the value, weight number of diamonds they want to invest in. The DVD diamonds are housed in an attractive protective case called a diamond disc. From its founding on the diamond fields of South Arica to the present day Rand Diamond is a primary supplier to select high-end retailers of the finest quality ethical diamonds.