Symptoms, Treatment and Causes of Antral Gastritis
Gastritis is one of the most common conditions related to the stomach. There are many people who throughout their life have suffered and possibly with the passage of time are more people who contract this disease due to poor diet, stressful lifestyle or other causes such as operations or infections. (Image Source)
This is completely related to the gastric mucosa because it is the inflammation of said mucus, jeopardizing the proper functioning of the stomach, as well as eliminating the protection of the stomach walls.
If treatment is not performed for antral gastritis in due time can cause irreversible damage to the antrum. The antrum is the lowest part of the stomach, exactly where the food already digested and treated by the gastric juices goes to the small intestine.
This part of our stomach is always in direct contact with food, so it can suffer more than necessary and if it becomes inflamed could cause quite serious pain and discomfort.
- Symptoms of antral gastritis
The symptoms are slightly different from other types of gastritis so we think it is vitally important that you know them well. In addition, by affecting only one area of the stomach is usually less bothersome or painful than other types of gastritis, this means that it is more difficult to diagnose. Let’s see the symptoms:
- Indigestion: As we have said, inflammation of the antrum affects the digestive process, so indigestion is the main symptom that you should notice.
- Accumulation of gases: The antrum is not working as it should, which can cause food not to digest completely and pass into the intestines. When this happens, the food goes into a state of fermentation that causes the appearance of gases. A common symptom, therefore, is flatulence.
- Nausea: The direct cause of indigestion, our body will experience nausea although we have hardly eaten. This, in turn, can cause occasional vomiting.
- General discomfort: The three symptoms seen will irrevocably cause a general discomfort in our body, especially in the stomach area that is where our problem is. Sometimes we can associate this discomfort with other factors, thus confusing us and thinking that our stomach has nothing to do with it.
Read on to know how to cure antral gastritis permanently. If you have ever felt one of the symptoms that we have previously described or any alteration that comes out of normal, it is always advisable to contact your doctor to inform him and can give you a treatment for effective antral gastritis
Not all those affected follow the same procedures, because as we have seen, the causes change from one patient to another, and therefore to have an effective recovery should be treated according to the cause that has generated it, should change their style of life, or taking certain drugs.
- If your gastritis has been due to an infection with Helicobacter pylori, your doctor could supply you with different XEMBRAN to eradicate this parasite from your body. Along with the XEMBRAN could also guide you, for about 10 days, take a diet soft and light to regenerate the tissue of the antrum.
- Another is by means of ACIDIM that will help balance the acidity found in your stomach due to the gastric juices.
- Finally, if you want to improve your intestinal transit and reduce the likelihood of getting gastritis, you should eliminate alcohol consumption or reduce it, eat healthier and take your life in a different way.
- Causes of antral gastritis
The causes of antral gastritis are very similar to those of another type of gastritis but as we have confirmed in its description they could affect other areas. Gastritis can evolve and rebound in different areas, so mild gastritis can lead to antral gastritis. That is why it is ideal for everyone to know the causes that lead to gastritis so that in this way we can avoid it as much as possible.
It has been studied that it could be more related to the elderly, but with the daily life that we are carrying, the cases of young people or adults who have gastritis are becoming more normal. In this way, some of the possible causes of this pathology are described below:
- Abuse of drugs drinks alcohol, or acid/strong substances such as spicy foods.
- Due to the result of a serious illness suffered.