How To Prepare A Gluten-Free Vegan Fruit Cake
Fruits are always perfect to give us unique and refreshing moments of the day. Fruits contain some nutritious contents which are useful for health. Most of the fruits are full of nutrients and minerals. There are lots of benefits to eating fresh fruits and dry fruits in regular diet. Eating nutritious fruits are right to maintain your blood pressure and reduce the risks of heart stock. Some people also consume fruits to maintain their body weight. We can eat fruits in the different forms like fruit cake, puddings, and fruit shake, etc. Fruits are helpful to provide the lots of health benefits.
The best way to feel the taste of fruits is to consume by making a delicious fruitcake. It gives you the unique approach to exploring the tasty flavors of the nuts. It also comes in the healthy diet for the health conscious people. You can prepare a gluten-free vegan fruit cake at home to surprise your close ones with your cooking skills. You can use this delicious and amazing cake as a rakhi gift also, so, Send Rakhi with cake to you siblings or family to celebrate this occasion in a perfect way.
Here are some easy ways to cook a delicious fruit cake at home.
Serves: 8 | Prep: 30 min| Cook: 30 min
Important ingredients for the gluten-free vegan cake:
- 300 gm (1 ½ cup) dried fruits. Take fresh fruits like dates, dried cranberries, almonds, cashews, cranberries, dried figs, and dried apricots, etc. Fruits can be as per availability.
- One cup of walnuts and peanuts, finely chopped.
- A half teaspoon of cinnamon.
- One tablespoon ground ginger.
- A half cup of coconut oil (olive or vegetable oil).
- 1 ½ cup of fresh milk.
- One tablespoon of lemon juice
- One tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- ½ teaspoon of salt.
- One tablespoon orange extract.
- 200 gm refined brown rice flour and ½ cup of sorghum flour.
- 1 ½ tablespoon of baking powder.
- ½ tablespoon of baking soda.
Ingredients for garnishing the fruitcake:
- 50 gm Chopped Almonds.
- 50 gm chopped dry cherries.
Methods of preparing the gluten-free vegan fruitcake:
- Take all the dried fruits, walnuts, ginger, orange extract, and cinnamon in a glass bowl. Mix all the ingredients and cover it.
- Put the covered bowl in the fridge for 6 hours to mix the flavors in the cold temperature.
- Preheat the oven to around 350°F (177°C) before making the cake.
- Take a bowl and place the coconut oil and melt over a pan of boiling water. It is only to melt the coconut. You can also use olive or vegetable oil instead of using coconut.
- Add milk in the oil to the same bowl with lemon juice, salt, almonds, and vanilla extract.
- Take another bowl to mix the dry ingredients like refined brown rice flour and sorghum flour, baking powder and baking soda and mix it gently.
- Now combine the whole mixed ingredients in the large bowl.
- Now put the whole mixture on the non-stick cake pan. Then bake in the oven for 30 minutes. You can also check it with the knife whether it cooked or not.
- Now you garnish it using the almond flakes and dried cherries. It looks delicious for the celebration. You can also serve it as a birthday cake to surprise your close ones.