Beverly Hills Celebrates Earth Day
The 14th annual Earth Day in Beverly Hills will feature an exciting array of “earthy” activities including water-saving workshops, paper shredding, free compost and the KRTH 101 classic rock radio station will be broadcasting live! On Sunday April 9, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Earth enthusiasts will be able to choose from an array of family-friendly activities, while doing their weekly shopping at the Farmers’ Market. Events include:
- Two landscape workshops: o Waterside plants 9:30-10:30 am o Efficient irrigation 10:45-11:45am
- Paper shredding (no limit)
- Earth Day crafts and stories, hosted by the Beverly Hills Public Library
- Free 20-pound bags of compost, while supplies last
- Information from the Horace Mann Horticultural Club
- Solar panel displays
- A look at the Toyota Mirai zero emissions vehicle
- Pet adoptions
- The mobile earthquake simulator AKA the Quake Cottage. Are you prepared?
- Raffle prizes and more!
The Beverly Hills Farmers’ Market is located on Civic Center Drive and Third Street in Beverly Hills. Free parking is available in the Civic Center parking garage at 450 N. Rexford Drive. For more information, contact the City of Beverly Hills’ Public Works Services Department at (310) 285-2467 or go to www.beverlyhills.org/earthday.